Friday, January 2, 2015

Another day at His feet !


I love when I think I have it all figured out ! Then my heavenly Dad slams on the brakes !!!! Well I posted yesterday I woke up feeling bad .... Well today is no better all except I'm not gasping to breathe ! Which is always a good thing ! I just knew I was going to get my long to do list done for the next few day .... Well Dad (God) said NO !!!! On the couch you shall be for at least another day or so ! So I spent the morning canceling ministry meetings in between my two naps .... Sulking because I have no idea how I am ever going to get caught up ! Then I read my devotion ... It began just like this :Relax In My Healing Presence ! I think my Lord is telling me to slow down !!!! So I continued on reading to realize that this devotion was going to crawl right up beside me camp out awhile .... After reading my scripture I realized something .... I am so much like Martha busy ! I need to be more of a Mary in this Martha world .... My scripture today came from Luke 10:39-42 
Mary who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. 40 But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.”41 But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things,42 but one thing is necessary.[a] Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”
I'm on a daily basis a busy person ... In general ... I don't have much down time .... After the past few days ... I think God is showing me it's time to slow down , spend more time at His feet learn to enjoy the simple things ! Even if it means being on the couch sick with a fever !  I want my Lord to be pleased with me ...! I think I have also realized I need to slow down and enjoy my family more ... Meetings , cleaning , school, and other things can wait till I feel better .... Enjoying my time with the Lord is always top of my daily list ... It's amazing !!!!  So another day on the couch it is ....  
I would like to leave you guys with the scripture ....
Seek the Lord and his strength;
    seek his presence continually! 
                          Psalm 105:4
Pray your day is filled with moments at His feet ..... Blessings ..... Shellie

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing! My daily devotion is by a lady named Joanna Weaver and its called "At the Feet of Jesus"... she also writes a book which I have and have not read... because I'm a Martha.. entitled "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World"... I really need to start reading, you should check it out. :) I love her writings, and I love you, praying for you to feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check it out !!!! Thank you for the prayers !!! I love you so very much !

    ReplyDelete