Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Teachable Spirit


.... I awoke with a fever and the crud again !!!! I was so frustrated ... I have so many things to do .... Take tree down, clean house, prepare to start school back, prepare for ministry meetings , and the list goes on !!!! So after breakfast and a hot bath I set in the couch .... Wandering why on earth did I have this stuff again ! Then when I asked Jody to bring my devotion book I caught a glimpse of why possibly .... My devotion came from Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world,[a] but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
I started an amazing devotional by Sarah Young Jesus Calling ! The very first sentence was , "come to Me with a teachable spirit , eager to be changed ...
It was then I realized ,that I have me best talks with God when I feel bad ... Because there is nothing to distract me !!!! I want to always have a teachable spirit .... To learn from my Heavenly Farher daily !!!! Today's lesson was just this .... Sometimes His plans aren't my own.... I need to slow down take care of my body , the chores will be there tomorrow or when I feel better , meetings can be rescheduled , but time alone with Him comes everyday .... To learn what adventure with Him is next !!!! It's sure to be amazing ! He never fails to offer hope ... Love or grace ! He also never makes. Mistake .... So the couch for me it is today ..... I have already learned so much from my teacher today .... I'm so blessed to call Jesus mine !!!! I would like to leave you with a scripture to think about toady ... For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare[a] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 
I pray you too trust Jesus with your plans ... Hope everyone has a blessed day !!! Happy New Year !!!! Praying your 2015 is filled with blessing , hope , joy , love , and of course lessons from the Master ....
Shellie

2 comments: